Request for Proposals for Consulting Services to develop a Parking Management Policy and Strategy for the Paramaribo Inner City
- Press Release
- December 16, 2020
Institution: The Inter-American Development Bank
Country: The Republic of Suriname
Project: Paramaribo Urban Rehabilitation Program (PURP)
Sector: Urban Development and Housing
Abstract: Request for Proposals for Consulting Services to develop a Parking Management Policy and Strategy for the Paramaribo Inner City
Loan No.: 3905/OC-SU
Bid No.: PURP-43-SBCC-CF-PURP-43-SCC-CF-58
Deadline: January 13th, 2021, 15:00 p.m. (Suriname Time)
The Republic of Suriname has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), toward the cost of the Paramaribo Urban Rehabilitation Program (PURP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for activities related to component I of the project: Urban Interventions.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include:
- Collect the necessary data and characterize the supply and demand of parking in the inner center;
- Determine the tariff policy to regulate parking;
- Develop a financial analysis for both off-street and on-street parking to determine the operation type and financial scheme (private, public, PPP);
- Analyze the legal framework and propose legal adaptations to the legal organization;
- Define the requirements and strategic guidelines for the next phases of implementation.
The duration for these Services is six (6) months.
PURP now invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest to develop a policy for parking management and explore the feasibility of implementing Public Private Partnership (PPP) oriented solutions for parking management for the Paramaribo Inner City (Figure 1).
Interested consulting firms should provide references and credentials of at least three (3) similar works in the last five (5) years. “Similar works” refers to parking planning studies and financial analysis for different types of parking management.
The Request for Expression of Interest can be downloaded from the link below.