- May 7, 2021
Institution: The Inter-American Development Bank
Country: The Republic of Suriname
Project: Paramaribo Urban Rehabilitation Program (PURP)
Sector: Urban Development and Housing
Loan No.: 3905/OC-SU
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Position no. 1: Program Operations Officer
Position no. 2: Community Liaison Officer
Working hours: Full-time 40 hours/week
Deadline: June 4th, 2021, 15:00 p.m. (Suriname Time)
The Republic of Suriname has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), toward the cost of the Paramaribo Urban Rehabilitation Program (PURP).
This Program will be implemented by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture, through the Directorate Culture with support of the Suriname Built Heritage Foundation (SBHF). The Directorate of Culture has installed a Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to collaborate with SBHF for daily management.
The Executing Agency invites all suitable and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant positions of Program Operations Officer and Community Liaison Officer for the PIU. CVs should be updated to reflect on the specific requirements. Candidates will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out by the Inter-American Development Bank.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION: PROGRAM OPERATIONS OFFICER
The Program Operations Officer shall support the Program Coordinator to provide project management oversight of program objectives, as well as, support the team with prioritized activities.
● Minimum Bachelor degree in Project Management, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Business Administration or related fields;
● Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience in public and/or private sector;
● Experience in preparing Terms of References in collaboration with the team and external stakeholders;
● Experience in at least 2 projects with operational procedures and planning instruments of internationally-funded development projects and/or public sector projects.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION: COMMUNITY LIAISON OFFICER
The Community Liaison Officer will be responsible for outlining and managing the program’s stakeholder’s engagement and will act as a liaison between the various community groups and the PIU.
● Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (Public Affairs, Sociology, Public Administration, Anthropology and/or any other related);
● Knowledge of Project Management routines of government and international development partners;
● Minimum 5 years of experience in coordinating stakeholder’s engagement, public and or private groups or individuals;
● Experience writing and implementing Community Awareness and Participation Plans;
Interested candidates are advised to request the full Terms of Reference by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address below. Applications for the position must be done by e-mail by submitting a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by June 4th, 2021, before 15.00 p.m. Suriname Time (SRT).
The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture
Paramaribo Urban Rehabilitation Program (PURP)
Attn: Ms. Natasja Deul, Program Coordinator PIU-PURP
Wagenwegstraat 64 (upstairs)
Telephone: +597 471879